Sunday, December 21, 2008

Looking Back, Part II

Last January is when my husband and I began to seriously pray about adopting a child into our family. Initially God laid it on my heart. D is a good man and he began to pray honestly before God about it. It wasn't what he had thought about for our family. It would mean giving up some of our dreams about the future. It would be a financial stretch, to say the least, and since he is the provider in our family that burden would fall on his shoulders. One of the many things that I love about my husband is that he greatly desires to walk in obedience before God. At one point he made a list of all the pros and cons of adopting...he read me all the blessings that could happen because of it. Then, he read all of the hard things about adopting. After each of those obstacles, he had written "So what?" At that point my heart melted because I knew that God had laid the adoption on his heart also, and he was going to obey:) I'm so very thankful for this man!

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Kelly, Today was wonderful at Church when B's picture came up on the big screen behind her Dad, who was obviously glowing from the inside out. I love reading and remembering all of the hopes, dreams, wonders, and prayers over the past many months. She may have been planted in your heart near the time of her birth. God is amazing in his perfect timing! Praying for the Family of Hope. Love you my friend!

Miranda said...

That is just awesome. We are so happy for you all. She sure is adorable.

Germaine Hawkins said...

The joy of obedience knows no bounds...and sharing that walk with the one you love is explosive. Your marriage will be so much richer as a result!! I'm honored to be on the sidelines cheering you both on!

Jen said...

It is so good to hear about this journey. You and Don have been such an example to me for SOOO many years. This is just one more drop in the bucket that is filled with love that you and Don have :)

We are still praying!!

Jen...and the boys!

Kimmie said...

Hi Kelly;

That is so sweet! Hope you kept that list, that will be a treasure to look back on.

Can you believe we are going? Did you buy your tickets to Ethiopia yet? We got ours last night...and boy, now it is all so real...for us it has been such a long wait (3 years)...so the tickets mean it is REALLY going to happen this time and that soon I will be holding that sweet 8 month old baby girl~ our Little Beauty.


xoxox
Praying for you friend.

Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted