Tuesday, December 16, 2008

WooHoo...We're Going to Africa!!!

"The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy!!!!" Psalm 126:3

We got THE call today:) The kids and I were sitting in the family room reading from Luke 1:57-80 and having a good discussion about John the Baptist and how he was preparing the way for Jesus when the phone rang. The answering machine picked up and we heard, "This is Christy from All God's Children...". Suddenly, we were all running for the phone!!! Almaz called AGCI to let us know our tentative travel dates...we need to be in Ethiopia by Jan. 11! We are SOOO happy! We're thankful to God for allowing us to adopt little "B" into our family! I can't believe that I will be seeing her sweet face in a little more than 3 weeks:) Thank you to all of you who are praying for us. And for those of you who have children at Hannah's Hope I would be happy to let you know how your children are. I really appreciated all of those who did that for us, and now I can do it for you! Just let me know!

"Many, O LORD my God, are the wonders you have done. The things you planned for us no one can recount to you; were I to speak and tell of them, they would be too many to declare!"
Psalm 40:5

7 comments:

Jen said...

Glorious! Praising God along with you guys :)

Miranda said...

Oh my goodness!!!! How exciting!!! Congrats! Let me know if there is anything we can do for you while you are gone. Yay!!! We are so excited for you all!!

•The big B!(: said...

o my goodness congrats!!! once i read this , i was so excited and so happy for you guys!I can't wait for you guys to get her!Congratalations! I'll pray for you all! bye!:) ;)

Andrea said...

Praise the Lord!

I am so glad to hear you passed court, and I'm looking forward to our trip to Ethiopia to bring home our daughters.

Clark and Sarah said...

What wonderful news! I just started reading your blog a week or so ago. My husband and I have a 10 month old baby girl in Hannah's Hope. I bet your kids are so excited.

Kimmie said...

Hi Kelly;

So nice to be able to see you (I am a visual girl ;-) You have a beautiful family, seriously your kids eyes are incredibly beautiful and BIG!

Your new princess will be blessed by such a big loving family. Can't wait to meet her and you!!

Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted

Lisa said...

I can't believe that you already have her what a blessing! God is so good! Enjoy these precious moments with B. I love you and can't wait to meet my niece!