Monday, December 8, 2008

Preparing for the Princess!

We've set up the bed for the little princess! Everyone is very excited. Our youngest son recently said, "I can't wait until B. gets here. I'm going to read her 'Chicka-Chicka-Boom-Boom' so she can learn her letters.":) This was quite a statement coming from him because reading is not one of his favorite things to do!! Sis and I spent time today on the computer looking at hair-care products for the princess...plus, admiring all of the cool, little beads and snaps for her hair!

I must admit that the night we put up the toddler bed and I was alone in the room, I had a moment of uncertainty. A moment when I thought, "Am I the right mom for this precious child?"..."Am I too old to be doing this?"..."Is it right to take her away from Ethiopia and transplant her half-way around the world?" In that moment I had to fall to my knees and pray to my Father who knows all things. He has called us to this journey and He will enable me to do what He has called me to do! There is tremendous peace in that for me.

We have a tentative court date in Ethiopia this Thursday, December 11th. This will be the time that the Ethiopian government will look over all of our documents and decide if we can adopt B! Please pray with us that things will go smoothly and that we will receive our call shortly for our travel dates. We are praying that we will be traveling next month to Ethiopia to meet her and bring her home! Thank you, thank you for praying!!!

2 comments:

Germaine Hawkins said...

Oh, your little girl is SO lucky that in your obedience she gets to be adopted into the Keehner family...and what a phenomenal mama you will be to her!! It's my honor to know you and call you friend. I'll be on my knees on Thursday morning.

Miranda said...

Aw, that is great! So glad to hear that everyone is getting more and more excited. Her bed is ready! It won't be long before you are tucking her sweet little body into those covers!! I have tears of joy and excitement for you!