Saturday, January 3, 2009

Hopeful Anticipation

Soon after we mailed in our adoption application to All God's Children on May 1, 2008 we began to pray about the name for our little princess. One morning after I'd been in God's Word I felt Him whisper that her name would be Hope. I shared that with the family and that's when Sis designed and posted this sign for her bedroom door:) At that time, we didn't even know anything about Hope. Since then, we've learned about her and have decided to let her keep the African name that her birthmom has given her, but her middle name will be Hope! I've been thinking alot about that sign this week as we prepare to travel to Ethiopia on Friday...the fact that Sis was confident that one day "soon" she would be getting her little sister. It makes me smile to think of her childlike faith and confidence in a great and awesome God who was performing the miracle of adoption in our family. God is so faithful! It reminds me of His incredible promise: "Those who hope in me will not be disappointed!" Isaiah 49:23(b)

"...hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he already has? But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently." Romans 8:24(b)-25

5 comments:

Michael and Michelle said...

This is my first time visiting your blog. I am so happy to hear that you are leaving soon to bring your little lady home!!!!! We just got back the day after Thanksgiving. It was more than amazing!!!! Are you and your husband both going?? Your are in for a trip of a lifetime!!!!!! I bet I even saw your little lady while I was is Ethiopia!!

Germaine Hawkins said...

My sweet friend, "But be glad and rejoice forever in what I create..." (Isaiah 65:18). I am rejoicing that the Lord created your little princess just for you, even long before you knew. As I pray for you, I will thank God for giving you this extraodinary gift of life. You WILL be so blessed!!

Missy @ finding bright spots said...

Wow!!! I'm SO excited for you guys that you get to bring home your sweet princess soon! I'll be praying for your family and for safe travels! God bless you all!!!

Amy (Barnhart) Ephrem said...

Hi Keehners,

Wish I was going with you to Ethiopia this week. We miss that place so much! Have a wonderful time meeting your precious little girl and enjoy your time in Addis Ababa. If you have any questions or need anything... rides, restaurant suggestions, etc, just let me know! Feel free to call me at 206.450.1391.

Blessings on you...

Amy (Barnhart) Ephrem

Miranda said...

That is so sweet! She is so excited!