Monday, January 19, 2009

Out of Africa








What an amazing adventure that God has called us to join Him on! We had an incredible, life-changing experience as we traveled 8,000 miles to Ethiopia to pick up our little African princess! She is such a joy to us! Her laughter is priceless :) We are very thankful to God that He has called us to be a part of His plan for her! We are humbled that He has allowed us to be the ones to clothe her, feed her, care for her...she is a treasure!

Dressing her in the yellow dress was extra significant for me. Sis and I had gone shopping for clothes for our little toddler back in July even before we knew our toddler was B. Actually, the amazing thing is that the exact day we were buying her clothes was the exact day that she was brought to Hannah's Hope! So...I've had the small yellow dress hanging in my closet where I could look at it each time I went in. When I looked at it I would imagine what B. would be like and what it would feel like to hold her. When we were in Addis Ababa and I could finally put her in the dress I was ecstatic! It truly was a dream come true!

B. is fitting in great with her brothers and sister! They are entertaining her right now while I blog...so this may be short:) Bub just asked me a minute ago if she'll always be this active...haha! I told him that he was twice as active as her when he was a toddler and that I didn't sit down until he was 3 years old (those of you who knew him then remember this well!).

The scripture that I'm thinking of this morning is this: "LORD, you establish peace for us; all that we have accomplished you have done for us." Isaiah 26:12 This whole adoption is all about HIM! He is the One who is worthy of all our praise!!!!

Thank you to all of you who have been praying for us, encouraging us, watching our children, feeding us, loving us...we are truly blessed!!!! May God bless each of you as you have blessed us!

8 comments:

Jen said...

How beautiful! I am crying tears of joy for you guys as you establish a new family, what
a gift! Glad to hear the trip went well and that everyone was safe. I'm still praying for you guys!

Tell everyone I said hello!

Miranda said...

She is so beautiful! I love the picture of you and D with her, wow that made it real.
What an amazing story.

Germaine Hawkins said...

Oh, what a darling she is!!!! I can't wait to see what God has in store for you, friend, as you continue to walk with Him. And I will praise Him along with you for His mighty hand in this life-giving journey He has called you to! I'm praying for you...always.

Tisha Alexander said...

She is so precious! Oh, what a wonderful journey indeed! I am so happy for you and your family.

Kimmie said...

She looks so beautiful in that sweet yellow dress, thanks for sharing how it was a marker for you in your wait and the joy in having her put it on! God is so good, what a privilege adoption is, so glad God let us walk the road with you. Praying blessings for your family!

Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted

Josh and Kristi said...

So happy for you all! Indeed adoption is a journey with the Lord!

Anonymous said...

She is absolutely beautiful. From one AGCI family to another...congratulations!!!

Hurricane Living said...

Praise God! You've got me in tears! How blessed we are to have these sweet girls in our lives! She looks amazing...love those filled out cheeks & long curls! OE was so excited to see pictures of her!