Thursday, August 7, 2008

Shopping for an African-American baby doll


Sis and I have been to 4 or 5 different stores looking for a tiny, black babydoll to send to our princess in Ethiopia. Out of all the dolls we've seen in the past 2 days ONLY one was black and that baby was too big for the care package we are preparing to send. I'd never really noticed the discrepancy before. I know that adopting this sweet child is going to open our eyes to alot of things that we didn't notice before. Please, God, teach us! We wound up buying a cute little mama sheep holding her little lamb...it's soft and will be perfect for her small hands!

3 comments:

Our Princess said...

I know exactly what your talking about. Have you seen the Bla-Bla doll that is black? It's pricey, so you probably wouldn't want to send it over. BUT, it's a great one! We're taking one to Olivia when we go to pick her up! I LOVE your blog...your family is precious! Can't wait to love on your "B"...wish I could squeeze you in my suitcase!

Josh and Kristi said...

I'm so excited for you! Now I have another blog to check...everyday! We are looking for a black baby doll for our bio daughter for her birthday, and figure we'll probably have to look in the bigger cities.

Kimmie said...

Hi Kelly;

I found this out too...though I was looking for a black baby doll for my younger girls here to play with. I seriously looked through 5,000 dolls on ebay. We got 'twins' that indeed do have black features and African like hair...man I never even noticed how most 'black' dolls are just darkened white dolls. That must be so frustrating to so many.

Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted