Monday, August 11, 2008

The Aroma

We are in the process of collecting little things for "B"s bag to send to her. I was happy tonight to find a cute, tiny black baby doll! We have a soft, pink blanket for her and are taking turns sleeping with it so that she can smell us and not be afraid when we come to take her home. Don was preaching on Sunday morning from II Corinthians 2:14-16...that God leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and that He spreads everywhere through us the fragrance of the knowledge of Him. We are to God the aroma of Jesus among those who are being saved and those who are perishing. I want to smell like Jesus to others! May God work in me to do that!

1 comment:

Germaine Hawkins said...

That is just about the most beautiful thing I've ever read. How could I have read 2 Cor. so many times and missed those 3 verses? "For we are to God the aroma of Christ..." That just blows my mind! I now have a more focused goal in life--I want to smell like Christ.

And Kelly...I know you very well...you already smell like Jesus. That is the first thing "B" will notice when she feels your hug for the first time.