Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Wonderful surprises and pink casts!

On Saturday, I was overwhelmed as my sister & close friends had planned a "Celebration of Life" party for Hannah's Hope and our little African princess! It was absolutely wonderful to be surrounded by so many of my very favorite people all in one place!!! One of the biggest surprises was that my college roomie had driven 2.5 hours just to attend - I burst into tears when I saw her! Another big surprise was that my mom and dad came to join us! It was a great time of encouragement for me as people wrote special notes to us, brought gifts for "B" and the orphans in Ethiopia, and shared generously with us. The highlight for me was the "All God's Children Adoption" table, filled with books and literature on adoption. May God use that material to lead other families to adopt:) Thank you, thank you to all of you who played a part in the planning of the event or who attended! It truly was a fabulous celebration for which I am very thankful!

And now, about the pink cast...Sis was playing with her cousins & Dad at the park during the event and broke her wrist! I was sad for her because she would have LOVED to have been at the celebration. I met Don at the hospital. Sis was really brave. She had almost passed out on the way to the ER and Don said she asked, "Is this like the pain Laura was in?" (Our friend who is now with Jesus because of cancer). Don answered, "Yes, but worse." Sis replied, "Then I can do this." :) The drs. and staff were great. They set her arm, but had to give her an extra dose of medicine to knock her out. Coming out of her drug stupor was the VERY worse part for her...she kept asking, "What's...wrong...with...me!!!" We had a long night at the ER, but during that time we also had sweet moments together as we comforted Sis. I'm so thankful for the love that we share. Now, Sis is learning to adjust to life with "one" arm - she's doing pretty well! But, she's already looking forward to the day that the cast comes off!

1 comment:

Miranda said...

Oh my poor girl! She is very brave though and to look at the pain the way she did. Very touching and very brave. Good luck with the cast.
That was wonderful to have a celebration for "B"! I can just imagine the emotion and surprise! That is absolutely wonderful! How fun!