Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A New Creation


"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" II Corinthians 2:17.

Yesterday, my friend, Laura, took her final breath here on earth and now is in the very presence of Jesus!!! A stunning thought! She had been very ill with cancer, but had a tremendous amount of peace in the thought of going home. And now, she is no longer in any pain and she is COMPLETELY and FULLY alive in Jesus Christ! I can picture her warm and brilliant smile as she is worshiping God even right now!

The hard part is saying good-bye to her while we are here. She had to leave behind her loving husband, her 2 boys and her baby girl. That's where the pain is. Pure, undiluted pain. But I know that God is in the midst of the pain. He is faithful. He is the only One who can give us REAL hope. Please pray for this family. "The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." Psalm 34:18

2 comments:

Our Princess said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. Her family is in my prayers, as are you.

Jen said...

Hey Kelly!

Sorry to hear about your friend :(.
You are in my prayers!