Monday, October 20, 2008

Good news!!!


Should I call this good news or "God" news! The good news concerning our adoption is that there is some movement in processing the adoption documents in the Ethiopian government right now! There were 40 families from our agency, All God's Children International, who are like us...all documents in Ethiopia and just waiting for travel dates. We found out on Friday that 3 of those families have travel dates in early November, so that means things are beginning to happen!!! We are so excited about traveling to get our daughter, and know that it will be sometime this fall/winter. The anticipation is part of the adoption journey, I suppose! I know that God's timing is perfect, so I have complete confidence in Him that we will travel when He wants us to travel. Thank you to those of you who are praying for us!

The other exciting news is that some very good friends of ours are going to adopt a little girl from China!!! We spoke with them back in the spring about our adoption, shared our excitement with them and they felt compelled to pray about it for their family! We didn't realize that they were praying about it, and now they've shared their good news with us!!! We are thrilled for them and we are thankful to God for the small part that He allowed us to play in bringing this precious Chinese daughter home to her forever family! That means that our sweet African princess and this China doll can have the security and love of a family! It reminds me of Jesus' words in John 14:18..."I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you."

5 comments:

Miranda said...

So exciting! We hope things move fast for you, but it's all in God's time. We look forward to hopefully meeting your new daughter when we are home!

Jen said...

Praises!!! :)

Germaine Hawkins said...

I'm feeling like the Pointer Sisters...I'm so excited and I just can't hide it...okay, I know...I'm so eighties. But I'm thrilled beyond words for ya, friend.

Kelly said...

So glad to be able to share this journey and see your excitment. Can't wait until the long awaited call comes! God is so good!

Our Princess said...

The suspense is killing me! Any word at all??? I have you on my heart so much lately...especially today! Hang in there!