Sunday, February 8, 2009

Our Girlie-Girl

We are so enjoying getting to know our newest daughter! She is extremely expressive and makes us laugh alot:) Her little eyes light up when are playing "chase" or peek-a-boo. One of her favorite games is to pretend to put one of us to bed ("mahtah-mahtah"="night-night")...she makes us lie on the couch and covers us with the blanket. If we cry, she pats us and says, "Ah-teh-free" (don't be afraid). The funniest part is when she wants one of the kids to come and sit on her lap...she's very serious about this!

She's also a girlie-girl which is great! She loves to wash her hands, brush her teeth, get dressed, and fix her hair. Some of her favorite things are lotion (Japanese cherry-blossom is her favorite), chapstick (this was a life-saver on our trans-Atlantic plane ride!), head-bands, and anything that sparkles (purses, shoes, etc). She is also like her big sister in that she loves to go "bye-bye":) We're filled with gratitude to God that He has brought her into our family!

4 comments:

Germaine Hawkins said...

I am filled with gratitude right along with you--she is so very precious!! I'll praise God that in His goodness He allowed her to fit so perfectly into your family. Love to you, rafiki!

Kelly said...

Love that girlie-girl...how beautiful she is!! She is already showing so many about God's goodness and grace.
Love you,
Kelly

Kimmie said...

Kelly;

My heart just bursts when I see her, she is so beautiful.

I love how she is teaching you Amharic (and me too!)

Isn't adoption wonderful! I so miss Ethiopia. Bruce and I are talking about going back...Julie said we need to wait 9 months. We will put it to prayer first...to see if we get the "yes" from God and who it is that He wants us to bring home.

Your family is so beautiful, you all have such radiant smiles.

I love girlie-girls...playing dress-up with them daily (;-) is so much fun!

Miss you guys!

Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted

Jayla said...

Keehner family,
I am overwhelmed with joy as I look at the pictures of your family. It is obvious that the Lord has continued to shower his blessing upon you. Your family was always beautiful, but now we can see that it is COMPLETE! Your little girl is absolutely precious. Please squeeze your children for me and tell them "hello". We miss you guys!