Monday, April 27, 2009

The African Princess Turns "Tree"








We celebrated the Princess' 3rd birthday yesterday...actually she even had b-day celebrations over the weekend! Some good friends surprised us with a cake for the girls since they both have April birthdays:) Little B's face just absolutely lit up as we were singing "Happy Birthday" to her! She loved blowing out the candles and actually said, "Again!!!" when we were done the first time, so the candles were relit numerous times! What a joy it is to have her here with us! I'm still so amazed at how God has brought her into our family. I was able to be with her by myself at the park on her birthday since the other kids were doing their standardized testing at the library. It was a gorgeous day and I was thrilled to just wander with her on the beautiful, wooded paths...my heart is full.

8 comments:

Josh and Kristi said...

She is so beautiful, and blessed to have you for a mommy!

Miranda said...

Happy 3rd Birthday, B!! What great pictures! Glad to hear she had loads of fun.

Loreen said...

Happy "tree" Birthday to little Ms. B! Beautiful pics! Thanks for keeping up your blog. I always enjoy reading it!
Love ya!

Kimmie said...

Happy 3 B. You are a beautiful princess and your family is truly blessed.

Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted

Sarah said...

Thanks for sharing your life with us. I was just led to your site and am enjoying soaking in God's presence through your words. We too are starting the miraculous adoption process. I look forward to learning all that God has waiting for me to learn from you.
Hugs from Costa Rica,
Sarah Bedenkop

Sarah said...

We're adoption from AAI (but bringing home a little one from YWAM Ethiopia - the ministry we serve with and simply love.) Feel free to check out their website http://www.ywamethiopia.com

Hugs from Costa RIca,
Sarah Dawn

Tisha Alexander said...

She is just so so cute!!! Can't wait to see you all tomorrow. :)

Andrea said...

Hello Friend!

You all have been on my mind much lately, and I wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed getting to know you (just a bit) in Ethiopia when we picked up our kiddos, and have been thinking of you and praying for you since.

It brings me joy to see all the pictures of B. I especially love the last one on this post. She is a doll!

Liora follows B.'s lead with wearing her headbands, but it's still her mama putting them on her. I look forward to the day she picks out which one she wants to wear like B. does.

Thank you for the pictures you emailed me back when we first got home. I appreciate you sending them.

God bless you! ~Andrea