Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The African Princess' First Bike Ride!



On Sunday, we found our bike seat up in the attic!!! The weather was just perfect for the little darling's very first bike ride! She loved it:) Having her on my bike brought back all kinds of memories from our three other kids riding in the bike seat...long bike rides on the Monan Trail, stopping at Subway in Broadripple, playing at the park...aahhh...does this mean I'm getting old when I begin to reminisce about my children's past? Anyway, B. did love the ride and especially enjoyed our final destination...the local Dairy Queen!!! She got to do what everyone in our small town does in the spring - sit on the wall at DQ and wave at friends as they honk and drive by. It means that spring has finally arrived:)

2 comments:

Miranda said...

Oh how fun!! Glad she enjoyed it! And yes, spring is here, bring on the bike rides and ice cream and walks. Will she be hiking for the first time during spring break? Loved the pictures!

Kimmie said...

A first bike ride and DQ...wow, you sure do know how to make a Princess happy.

My brother had borrowed our bike seat for his son, he returned it upon our arrival home from Addis...it hasn't been attached to Papa's bike yet...but as I walk by it, I too remember the times of little ones joy riding with their Papa.

Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted