Saturday, November 22, 2008

A Wonderful Surprise and a 6th Grade Sleepover!

First...the 6th grade sleepover...last night there was a very special event at our church for the junior high girls called "Get Real". It was an awesome program for the girls put on by some women and senior high girls from NCC about friendships, modesty, purity and living a life for God that is counter-culture to our society! We had a blast together...dancing, laughing, eating, talking, hula-hooping, etc. Afterwards, some of the 6th graders came to our house for a slumber party...more laughter, talking...less sleeping:) Who needs sleep anyway? I'm so thankful I could spend time with these girls who I work with on Sunday mornings. Having them in our home was a terrific experience...Sis was loving it! The only people not happy about the whole thing were her brothers:)

Here's the wonderful surprise part...when I got home late last night I found out that our agency, All God's Children, had sent us more recent pictures of our little darling!!! Just when we were filling a bit discouraged yesterday, God sent us hope! Wish I could share the pics with all of you...she is simply adorable:) Her hair is growing back and she has the sweetest smile! Looking at the pictures stirs something deep in my heart and our desire to bring her safely home grows and grows! Thank you to all of you who are praying for our child!

We also learned that 6 families from AGCI are traveling this weekend to Ethiopia and 8 families are traveling in 2 weeks. Hopefully that means we'll get our turn soon! I have to admit that my first thought was why do they get to travel to their child and we don't, but it's all back to that huge matter of trusting God in all of our circumstances. I believe with all of my heart that His timing is perfect:)

3 comments:

Miranda said...

Thank you so much for having the girls stay the night! I'm sure it was a lot of fun! I know "L" was looking forward to the evening at church and then to spending the night at your house. I am so thankful to the church ladies and high school girls for putting the event together. I look forward to hearing all about it from "L". She is still with you this morning and I'm sure she's loving every minute! Thank you!
We look forward to seeing pictures of your precious little girl. Hope you'll be traveling soon!

Sharon's Blog said...

Hi Kelly,
You don't know me personally, but I had the opportunity to meet you at the airport the day Germaine arrived back from Tanzania. I have heard so much about you and your family, from Germaine, and it is all wonderful. Since I heard you were going through an adoption I have been praying for you regularly. I just happened to come upon your blog site, thruogh Germaines, and I'm so excited to read about the wonderful things God is doing in your life! I will continue to pray for you and your family and for your little African Princess! God is so GREAT and his timing is perfect. Continue to trust in Him and all things will happen in just the right time. God Bless You! Sharon F.

Kelly said...

My day was blessed just seeing those photos today of "B". How God shows us his deep love for us....one day we are waiting and just kind of wondering and the next day, he reveals photos of a little beauty in Africa with a smile that melts her Mommy's heart.
Praying for you friend as you wait. Love, Kelly